23 December 2008

Kill the White Space

Well, I've taken the plunge. Turned over a new leaf. Taken the first step. And perhaps I've christened the Titanic.

I'm writing a football blog. I'm not guaranteeing that anyone will ever read this, and I'm not saying it's his fault if he doesn't. But I figured I should at least give it a shot and put finger to keyboard on a subject that has become one of my life's passions.

And as a newcomer to the scene, I'll set myself up. I've been a fanatic of the World's Game since a bunch of Ole-ing Irishman and my overachieving American compatriots had me hooked in the Summer of 2002 and became a dedicated supporter of Manchester United the subsequent season as soon as I saw Paul Scholes switch the field and Ruud Van Nistelrooy force the Old Trafford grounds crew to buy fire extinguishers for the nets.

I watch as many games, read as many articles, and listen to as many (respected) pundits as I can to learn the nuances of this great game. But after all the tactics are pored over, it's the emotion that keeps me coming back. There are few things in this world that have the reach, power, and passion football provides, and there are even fewer that can bring us together as diehard supporters and heated rivals.

I'll get to business at hand in my next post, but I had to give you a glimpse into what football has given me before I give back to it.
Let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment